QuEChERS (pronounced Catchers), is an acronym for Quick, Easy, Cheap, Effective, Rugged and Safe. The process is a sample extraction and clean-up technique widely used for the analysis of multiple residues in food, forensic and environmental samples.
Type of samples being analyzed:
More applications are developed frequently. Click here to request an application note.
The QuEChERS Method involves the following steps:
- Acetonitrile salting-out extraction of a sample in an aqueous environment
- Liquid-solid extraction - dispersive Solid Phase Extraction (d-SPE) - this removes the majority of the remaining matrix interferences
- Analysis by tandem technique like LC/MS/MS, GC/MS or GC/MS/MS
Click here for an overview of the QuEChERS procedure
- QuEChERS Multi-Packs - Micro extraction products in reagent pouches or with 50 mL centrifuge tubes.
- Extraction Kits
- ChloroFiltr® Dispersive Products
- SpinFiltr® - Combines conventional dSPE with the added benefit of ultrafiltration
- Cartridge Products - Dual phase cartridges are available as an alternative to traditional QuEChERS dSPE clean-up
- Q-sep™ QuEChERS Sample Prep Packets and Tubes
- Q-sep™ QuEChERS dSPE Tubes for Extract Clean-up
- Q-sep™ Bottle Top Solvent Dispenser
- Q-sep™ 3000 Centrifuge
- QuEChERS Standards
Restek Introduction to QuEChERS Video
A brief overview of the QuEChERS process, and how it can simplify your sample preparation workflow. Click here to view the video. (Flash player required)
QuEChERS.com Information Site
QuEChERS.com is a non-profit information service. This site includes an overview of the QuEChERS method, information about the procedure and other resources. Visit www.quechers.com.