CSI E-Chronicle - December 2013
The e-chronicle is a monthly publication from Chromatographic Specialties Inc. It showcases new products, suppliers, literature and news from across the chromatography industry.
- Pickering Laboratories - The Innovation in Professional Sample Preparation for Dioxin Analysis
- Pickering Laboratories - Complete Automation in Mycotoxin Analysis: Significant Cost Reduction
- Restek - Advantage 2013 brochure
- SCAT - 2014-2015 Safety Solutions Catalogue
New Application Notes
- Restek Accelerated LC & LC ‐MS Analyses of Class Specific Compounds with the New Restek Raptor™ Biphenyl LC Column
- Restek's Accurately Determine Mineral Oil Hydrocarbons in Food and Packaging Application
Restek - QuEChERS Performance Standards Kit for Pesticide Residues
- Quick and accurate verification of food safety methods
- AOAC 2007.1, EN15662, and Mini-Multiresidue
- For world-wide testing
- Check the performance of your:
- QuEChERS extraction method development
- GC separation
- LC separation
- Spike and recovery for any pesticide analysis
- Quantify pesticides of global concern for a wide range of food commodities.
- Broad-class, stable pesticide mixes: Mix the three standards 1:1:1 immediately before use to have all analytes at 100ppm
- High quality stable CRMs supported by Restek’s standards experts.
Click here to read more.
Click here to order.
CHROMSPEC™ Gas Sampling Bags offer a convenient, reliable,economical way of collecting airborne chemical hazards. They are chemically inert, leak tested, mechanically strong, reusable, and non-contaminating. Click here to read more.
CHROMSPEC™ GC Ferrules are economically priced, high quality and are guaranteed to meet customer expectations! Packaged in convenient dial packs for easy dispensing and to minimize handling and contamination. Click here to read more.
CHROMSPEC™ GC Gas Filters are designed to provide superior filtration at an economical cost. They are easy to install and constructed with strength, durability and simplicity of design. Click here to read more.
CHROMSPEC™ GC Septa are formulated to low bleed specifications while maintaining exceptional needle penetration and sealing characteristics, long life and reduced injection port sticking. To ensure their performance, they are packaged in non-contaminating glass jars.
CHROMSPEC™ Universal GC Column Connectors are made of borosilicate glass and deactivated to ensure chromatographic performance. They can be used to join polyimide coated fused silica tubing with outside diameters ranging from 0.20 to 0.75 mm. Click here to read more.
CHROMSPEC GC Injection Port Liners provide 200 to 300% increase in sample transfer, permit the use of glass wool for dirty samples, are readily silanized and are easily cleaned. Click here to read more.
Click here to order.
Pickering Laboratories - The Innovation in Professional Sample Preparation for Dioxin Analysis
- Major advance in Dioxin sample preparation.
- Ready to use column and low solvent consumption
- Low dead volume and electric column locking means the DECS system is your ideal companion
Click here to download. Literature Code: PL09
Pickering Laboratories - Complete Automation in Mycotoxin Analysis: Significant Cost ReductionComplete automation in mycotoxin analysis, from sample to result in one step. From the filtered and diluted crude extract to the finished chromatogram without any manual intermediate steps: The FREESTYLE ThermELUTE is connected with a standard HPLC (quaternary pump, fluorescence detector, UVE for post-column derivatization of aflatoxins) or with an LC-MS via an interface. Click here to down load a copy of the publication. Literature Code: PL10
In the new edition of the Avantage:
- Reducing Analysis Times by 30% Using the New Rxi®-PAH Columns for Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons
- Mitigating Matrix Effects: Sample Prep and Calibration Strategies for Multiresidue Pesticide LC-MS/MS Analysis of Foods
- Rtx®-Dioxin2 Column Provides First Non-Cyano Separation of 2,3,4,7,8-PeCDF While Also Separating 2,3,7,8-TCDF and 2,3,7,8-TCDD
- Shorter GC Column Speeds Up Analysis of TO-15 VOCs in Air While Still Meeting Method Requirements
- Improved Results for Chlorinated Pesticides Analysis by GC-ECD with Florisil® SPE Cleanup
Click here to download.
SCAT 2014 - 2015 Safety Solutions Catalogue
SCAT-Europe has added to its line of solvent and waste containers and caps. Their products also include remote signalling for empty or full solvent containers, and fittings for built in solvent and waste handling systems. Built in systems can increase safety and reclaim valuable fume hood space. Literature Code: SCAT01.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy
New Application Notes
Restek Accelerated LC & LC ‐MS Analyses of Class Specific Compounds with the New Restek Raptor™ Biphenyl LC Column
With Raptor™ LC columns, Restek chemists have combined the speed of SPP with the resolution of highly selective USLC® technology. This new species of chromatography column allows you to more easily achieve peak separation and faster analysis times without expensive UHPLC instrumentation. Click here to view pharmaceutical/forensics chromatograms.
Accurately Determine Mineral Oil Hydrocarbons in Food and Packaging
Mineral Oil Hydrocarbons (MOHs) can be hard to fully characterise as they include both aliphatic and aromatic components.
MOHs may damage the liver, heart valves, and lymph nodes. The structure of some mineral oil hydrocarbons resembles that of PAHs, indicating they may also be carcinogenic/mutagenic. Restek offers columns and standards for the complete characterisation of MOHs, both aliphatic and aromatic. Click here to download. Literature Code: RK162
SCAT Safety Products - Make Solvent Handling Smoother and Safer in your Lab
- Innovative products for solvent safety in lab and production areas.
- Stop solvent escape to the lab.
- Stop contamination of your solvents.
Only a small portion of our solvent safety line is presented here - call 1-800-267-8103 or email our technical team for more information.
SCAT Level Control
- Monitor solvent and waste levels for multiple instruments from one central location.
- Visual and audible warning for high or low solvent levels.
- Automatically shut down instruments before spills occur.
- Click here for more information.
SCAT Hardware for Built-In Solvent Handling Systems
- Replace cluttered lines and improvised waste containers with simple, streamlined systems.
- Easy to use disposal options encourage proper waste disposal in the lab.
- Engineered solvent waste handling systems let you regain valuable fumehood space by preventing vapour escape right at the waste container.
- Click here for more information
Handy Tech Tips for Sizing Bottles and Connectors
- Have you ever needed to identify a connection in the lab? Click here to try this handy identifcation chart.
Buy a NEW Restek LC Multi-Residue Pesticide Kit and Receive a FREE LC Column and QuEChERS kit.
Accurately detect and quantify pesticides by LC-MS/MS with the Restek LC Multi-Residue Pesticide Kit and choose one of 4 FREE LC Column & QuEChERS kits.
Click here for full promotion details
Click here to order.
The 2014 Calendar is now available.
Our cat and lynx calendar is returning for 2014! We have hunted out some of the cutest feline images to grace the walls of your laboratory for another year.
Email us at email@example.com to request your copy. (Please include your full mailing address).