CSI E-Chronicle - February2018
The e-chronicle is a monthly publication from Chromatographic Specialties Inc. It showcases new products, suppliers, literature and news from across the chromatography industry.
- Featured Product
- CHROMSPEC™ - Coloured Vial Caps
- New Application Note
- UCT - Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances (PFASs) in Drinking Water Using Solid Phase Extraction and LC-MS/MS
- Technical Note
- CHROMSPEC™ - Syringe Filtering Tips
CHROMSPEC™ Coloured Vial Caps
- Available with a variety of colors (and septa) for easy sample identification
- Use a different colour for standards/assays/content uniformities/dissolutions
- Make the vials in your autosampler easier to identify, with a decreased risk of making costly mistakes.
Click here to order or request a quote.
NEW APPLICATION NOTE
UCT - Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances (PFASs) in Drinking Water Using Solid Phase Extraction and LC-MS/MS
This application note outlines a simple SPE procedure for the extraction of 26 diverse per and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFASs) in drinking water using UCT’s polymeric weak-anion exchange SPE cartridges (ENVIRO-CLEAN® WAX). Instrumental analysis was carried out by LC-MS/MS in less than 10 minutes using a Selectra® C18 HPLC column. Overall, excellent recovery and reproducibility were obtained at the low concentrations tested.
Click here to read more.
Contact us to try a sample of UCT’s Polymeric WAX (weak anion exchange) SPE columns and the PTFE-Free transfer tubes today!
CHROMSPEC™ - Syringe Filtering Tips
There are 3 common ways of filtering liquid samples and standards.
- Attach your syringe filter to the empty syringe after removing the syringe plunger. Pour the liquid to be filtered, into the syringe and insert the plunger.
- Fill syringe with the liquid to be filtered if the container allows syringe insertion, and attach filter.
- Use a needle to remove liquid from small containers. Discard the needle and attach the filter.
These procedures can help to prevent damage to the syringe filter membrane. Some membranes are more fragile and may break if the plunger is removed with the filter attached, resulting in an unusable/non-effective filter.
If the filter plugs quickly when filtering the liquid, consider using syringe filters with a pre-filter. The pre-filter removes the larger particles first and may prevent the smaller porosity membrane below from becoming clogged.
Click here for information about our CHROMSPEC™ UV Syringe Filters.