The e-Chronicle is a monthly publication from Chromatographic Specialties Inc. It showcases new products, suppliers, literature and news from across the chromatography industry.
- NEW PRODUCTS
- FEATURED PRODUCT
- TECHNICAL TIP
Multi-angle light scattering (MALS) detection is extremely sensitive to scattering from fine particles in the mobile phase. Shodex has successfully developed their L-series columns with extremely low fines for MALS detection. The columns are well suited to provide signal at low concentration with low molecular weight standards.
The effects of fine particles are most dramatic with MALS, but Shodex L-series columns improve the performance of any SEC system by improving column stability and reducing detector noise.
Click here to see the power of Shodex columns for Light Scattering Detectors.
- Suitable for the analysis of antibodies and proteins with high resolution
- Target Mw 10.000 - 700.000 Da
- Low bleeding and designed for light scattering detection (MALS)
- Silica-based packed columns for aqueous SEC (GFC) analysis
- Polymeric coating
- Usable for higher pressure HPLC up to 20MPa
- 1.9 µm particle size
- Pore size specifically controlled for analyzing proteins with molecular weights of several hundred thousand Daltons; optimized for light scattering detection
- High performance analysis of antibody drugs and various proteins
- High lot-to-lot reproducibility
- Fulfills USP L20, L33, and L59 requirements
- Polymer-based packed columns for aqueous SEC (GFC) analysis
- Low column bleeding allows its use with light scattering detectors
- The eluent can be replaced with DMF enabling the analysis of polar polymers
- OHpak LB-803 Target Mw 1,000 - 100,000 Da
- OHpak LB-805 Target Mw 100,000 - 1,000,000 Da
- OHpak LB-806M Target Mw 500 - approximately 20,000,000 Da
- Fulfill USP L38 and L39 requirements
Contact our Technical Team for further information.
Prevent small leaks from causing big problems with a Restek leak detector.
New Features for Leak Detector VI:
- Can be operated during charging or used up to 12 hours between charges
- USB or AC Charging
- Rugged NiMH rechargeable battery
Features carried forward from the Leak Detector V:
- Detects a broad range of gases
- Audible tone and LED display indicate the severity of a leak
- Ergonomic, handheld design
- Rugged side grips for added durability
- Handy probe storage for cleanliness and convenience
- Automatic shutoff
- A convenient carrying and storage case
- Easy-to-clean probe assembly
Hamilton has designed a series of syringes specifically for Agilent ALS (Automatic Liquid Sampler) autosamplers that meets the instruments’ requirements for dimensional accuracy, needle length, needle gauge, needle tip, and overall lifetime. Every Agilent syringe produced by Hamilton undergoes quality control procedures that ensure they meet the strictest standards for accuracy, precision, and product life cycle.
Benefits of Hamilton Agilent Autosampler Syringes:
- Exact Agilent ALS system design ensures perfect compatibility
- Plunger button designed for easy integration
- Microliter™ plungers are hand fitted for a smooth, precise injection into the GC
- Gastight® syringes have a PTFE plunger tip to maintain chemical inertness
- Unsurpassed accuracy and precision for trusted fluid delivery and results
These tips are provided by Hamilton® for their Microliter™ and Gastight® syringes, but we find they are equally valid for all precision glass syringes.
- Inspect syringes before use — Check the syringe for damage such as cracks and dried residue from previous experiments.
- Hold your Syringe Safely — Grasp the syringe by the flange to reduce inaccuracy.
- Priming your Syringe — Fully prime the syringe by aspirating and dispensing sample to remove trapped air which can cause inaccuracies.
- Overfill your Syringe — Fill the syringe with a small amount of excess sample.
- Set your Required Volume — Slowly dispense the excess sample until only the required volume of sample remains in the syringe.
- Final Dispense — Dispense the final sample volume into an appropriate receptacle.
- Clean your Syringe — Rinse the syringe with an appropriate cleaning solvent followed by water and then finish with acetone.
- Store Syringe Safely — Store the syringe in its original packaging to protect against breakage.